Optimism is wishing those I Love the very Best in Life: Karen Milward
I asked Karen Milward what makes her optimistic. Karen told me,
"For me, optimism is:
- the feeling of being hopeful about the future;
- focusing on what goes right rather than what goes wrong;
- looking into the face of a small child and sharing their wonder;
- deciding not to read or listen to the news but going swimming instead;
- knowing there is a sun shining brightly above the clouds and the rain;
- understanding that 'this too shall pass.'
- holding the posture of humbleness;
- finding gratitude in every moment, and
- wishing those I love all the very best in life."
Such wisdom! Karen is a fellow Board Member at Yarra Valley Water.
Karen is also the owner of Karen Milward Consultancy Services and is he Chair of Mullum Mullum Indigenous Gathering Place, Kinaway Chamber of Commerce Victoria Ltd, Community First Development, Co-Chair of the Victorian Aboriginal Employment and Economic Council, and Deputy Chair Major Projects Victoria - Aboriginal Advisory Council and a lead evaluator with the DELWP Biodiversity 2037 Implementation Evaluation Panel.